Tuesday, June 10, 2008

No, I'm not boycotting Blogger.

I'm just lazy.

71 days since my last post, pretty sure that's a record. I won't go into why it's been so long, because... Actually, I will. It's because I'm lazy and nobody reads this anyway. So there you go.

Got up obscenely early again today. Don't know why, I just woke up. Worked around the house and then spent the afternoon burning gas around north Memphis trying to get someone to fucking hire me, already. No dice so far. At this point it's moved past irritation to the point of surrealism. I've had around a dozen jobs in my life, so it's not like I don't know how to get one. Maybe the job market is just that bad in Memphis now, maybe it's businesses scared off by my over-qualification, maybe it's my brand of shampoo, I honestly have no idea. I can learn to do any job in a day, I'm experienced, (semi) mature, and I'm willing to work any hours for any pay, because I just need the goddamned cash. But I can't get hired. What the fuck is going on?

Whatever. Here's some trivial nonsense. My new favorite basketball site is Basketbawful, because those guys ignore the mainstream media story lines and aim squarely at the balls. Metaphorically. Because groin-shots are funny (have you even seen America's Funniest Home Videos?). Because I'm a homer, 3 Shades of Blue is now in the 2-slot, ahead of TrueHoop. The ESPN and SI NBA pages have dropped completely off my radar (and RSS subscriptions).

Just ran out to get milk and smokes (two great tastes that taste great together). Where was I? Oh, right. Rambling. Here's something funny:



See? Robert Downey Jr. is the funniest comedic actor this side of Tina Fey. I'm looking forward to Tropic Thunder, if only because it points out, completely obliquely, how badly named Island Thunder was, the second expansion to the original Ghost Recon. It was super kick-ass (and really, really hard), but "Island Thunder"? Really?

I'll end with the news that my one and only Jenny has carved out her own spot here on Blogger after getting fed up with technical problems with LiveJournal's editor. You should read it, and by "you" I mean "Jenny" because you're probably the only one reading this, baby. Love you!

No comments: