Sunday, August 22, 2004

Doomed

One of the great things about using an older computer is finding all the old games it will actually run. I've been using my mother's oldish Compaq, an AMD K63 box with 56MB and a 10Gig hard drive. Remember the K63? Neither does anyone else. It won't run much other than Doom and Duke 3D and various 16-bit console emulators, and there's something refreshing about that. The built-in video doesn't even support OpenGL. Ahh, memories.

By the way, I've been watching the Olympics a lot, mostly because I have pretty much nothing else to do, and I've come to the conclusion that the U.S. Basketball team does not deserve so much as a bronze. I'd hate for these kids to go home thinking they can play like a junior varsity cheerleading squad and still medal. Like everyone else in Memphis, I'm rooting for Spain. Pau Gasol is as good as any power forward on earth and it's about time he got some goddamned recognition.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go get my fifth Crown n' Coke.

No comments: