Friday, August 03, 2007

id Software on Steam. Oh my God.

Best news ever.
by AC - permalink

id Software's entire library is now available for purchase and download on Steam. This is officially the greatest day in the history of Steam. I'm fighting very, very hard not to buy every game I don't already have, especially since it's all 10% off right now.

It's a battle I'm already losing, as I just bought the "Wolf Pack" and I'm downloading it now. Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein for $18? Sold. The other temptations are Master Levels for Doom II, which is a little pricey for me at ten bucks since I already have Doom II, and the Heretic/Hexen Collection, which is a goddamned steal at ten bucks and which I'm probably going to buy as soon as I finish writing this. The only other id games I don't already own are Commander Keen and Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil. I really want RoE, but apparently it requires that Doom 3 be activated and installed via Steam to work. That's fucked up, since virtually zero non-Valve games can be activated with Steam with an existing key.

Well, Return to Castle Wolfenstein is at only 8%, probably because of all the id nerds like me downloading it. But Wolf 3D finished almost immediately, so I'm going to start playing it.

No comments: