Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Informant! is not as funny as I think it is.

Tonight Jenny and I ventured into Midtown to see The Informant! at the Studio on the Square. I loved it. The best I can do to describe it would be to call it a true-crime-comedy, which isn't a real genre. It might not actually be that good, because several times I found myself the only person in the theater, which was at least half-full, laughing aloud at the subtler comedic moments.


Being a true-crime thing, the mystery of it is lost once you've seen the end, so it doesn't have much re-watch value. I'd see it maybe once more for the comedy, but I wouldn't buy it. So my advice is to go see it now or rent it.

The Studio was strangely slow for a Sunday afternoon, but by the time we left the lot was pretty full. The place hasn't changed at all since the first time I went there. It was the first showing on the day it opened. I saw Gladiator with Garrett and Nikkie. I wasn't intending to be at their first ever screening, it just turned out that we wanted to see Gladiator that weekend, and the Studio was the closest theater. I ordered the first ever plate of sausage, cheese, and crackers, which is still on the menu. This time, we just got a large sweet tea, a large green tea, and a small popcorn (which was large). Since I had a $25 gift card from my aunt Linda from last Xmas, the whole thing cost me $2.50. Even $27.50 isn't too bad for a movie for two, so I might try to get us to do this semi-regularly on Sundays, the only day Jenny and I are both off work.

No comments: