Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Athens

Yes, Athens, Georgia, will soon become the focal point of the world, as the R.E.M. song "It's the End of the World (As We Know It)" will soon be the most popular song in the history of Earth. Not only does it appear that George "I Rule You" Bush has been, to the horror of all right-thinking people, reelected, but we seem to be, as of 1:15AM Central, in for a recount and god knows what else in the state of Ohio. John Edwards is telling us this, as I type. But then, as big a pain in the ass as this is, I couldn't care less. I've said it before, and I'll type it now, if the Democratic party nominated a bowl of oatmeal, I'd fucking vote for it, if it stood a chance of unseating Bush from the Master of the Universe throne that Skeletor and God loaned him.

After dropping the proverbial ballot into the proverbial ballot-box this morning, I thought I could sit back tonight and watch this proverbial democracy correct its horrible mistake from four years ago. Of course, I quickly realized I was wrong, so I started slamming through the proverbial 12-pack of Milwaukee's Best Ice and watching Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2. As masterful as Vol. 2 is at completing the story, I can't help but agree with every professional critic I've read. Vol. 1 is the movie I'd rather own. Sure, the story isn't complete until you've seen the second film, and sure the dialog in Vol. 2 is spot-on perfect. But something like 200 people get creatively slaughtered in Vol. 1, and that's what I'd rather watch in slow-motion, zoomed in 2X.

Oh, and by the way, all you brainless, conservative, god-fearing citizens who think Dubya will protect you from all the bogeymen in the world? All I can say is, check your facts. Everything you accept as gospel that Bush's administration has told you, look into it. Look deep. You've been lied to, again and again and again. And as of now, there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it for years and years, short of an impeachment. Fortunately for you, we'll probably suffer another devastating terrorist attack long before it comes to that. God bless America.

No comments: