Monday, December 26, 2005

Bored out of my skull.

I hate this computer so much.
by AC - permalink

Is it wrong to want to physically harm an innocent, awful computer? I mean, I really want to. I don't know who was working here over the weekend or what they did to this PC, but it's doing weird shit I've never seen before. Mouse input is stuttering and halting, then goes out entirely, right after boot. I reinstalled the drivers and it did nothing. I finally found a workaround by not touching it until Windows was completely loaded and all the background apps finished whatever the hell they do on boot, then freeing up as much memory as possible, then slowly moving the cursor around a little. I also can't touch it while anything significant is loading into or out of virtual memory.

While this works, it's also clearly completely insane. Shouldn't I be able to do simple things like, I dunno, close a dialog without immediately losing all mouse input? What the hell is wrong with this thing?

Anyway. I got my own copy of Aqua Teen Hunger Force season four yesterday. It's funny. You should go buy it. The extended, uninterrupted Spacecataz episode and the satiric, bizarre mini-movie about the dangers of Radon are probably worth the $25 alone. And they should be, because the numerous commentaries are pretty worthless.

There is just nothing going on in this hotel tonight. I've got about ten more rooms sold than usual, but apparently everyone's just asleep for once. I'll probably make this post a little more worth anybody's time after I get home this morning.

No comments: