Saturday, January 12, 2008

Killing time.

Best post ever.

I'm in wait mode lately. Waiting for the semester to start Monday, waiting for some personal things to resolve themselves (which has been a lot harder). Waiting for xmas to finally end. All the decorations are back in storage, but there's still a big damn tree in the living room and pine needles everywhere. I'd been distracting myself by going out every day, but lately I've just been holed up with my computer and my bass. Ran out Friday to get some things done, relaxed for a while over a latte at MO's Edge. After hitting up the last three, I finally missed an open-mic at Newby's this week. I'll probably go next Tuesday after my late networking class, just for the distraction.

I'm loving this Deftones B-Sides record I bought the other day. Favorite track by far is "The Chauffeur," a Duran Duran cover, of all things. The DVD is little more than a collection of their videos through the self-titled album, but the brief interstitial material is interesting and well done. It could probably have been released on its own.

Picked out the basslines to a few more Radiohead and Weezer songs. Again: bored. Hell, I'm bored out of my mind just writing this, don't tell me you're still reading. Go do something more productive, like emptying the lint trap on the dryer, or, I dunno, staring at your phone until it rings. Just pretend this post wasn't written. That's what I'm doing.

No comments: