Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Life should have a fast-forward button.

Seriously, someone get on that.

Not a huge amount to report right now. Things are changing for me, but slowly. I'm in the opening stages of writing a new, much better chapter of my life, but it's taking time. I'm looking for work, getting ready for a move, and cutting back on school to accommodate. Reconnecting with the love of my life has changed everything; I have a new purpose now, and something phenomenal to look forward to. Even now while things are still in flux I'm happier than I can ever remember being.

For now I'm just plugging along in my client-side JavaScript and basic networking courses and trying to find a job. Filling the gaps by spending every possible minute with Jen and practicing bass when I can't be with her. She's tuned me into some amazing bands I might not have found otherwise, like The Radio Dept, The Libertines, Damien Rice, and Yeah Yeah Yeahs. My secondary hard drive is rapidly filling up with new music and videos.

I'm also still trying to help with FABA! in the limited ways I'm able. I'll be designing a flier for the resurrected FABA! Bash soon, and have finally gotten hold of a copy of Photoshop 7 to help with that. I realized not long ago that there's only so much I can do with Paint.NET and GIMP, and I think I've hit that ceiling. Simple things like the transform tools I took for granted just don't seem to exist in those apps, and I'm tired of jumping through hoops to do shit that Photoshop makes easy. Now I just need Illustrator and Dreamweaver...

No comments: