Sunday, September 19, 2004

Antiproductive

Seems like I've gotten so much done in the past couple weeks, until I stop to think about it.

Ripped 140-something songs from 30-something CD's. Still not halfway through. Thing is, I'm probably spending as much time looking for neato Winamp and Coolplayer skins as I am actually listening to music. And when I do have the full playlist going on random shuffle, I'm just waiting for it to get back around to Deftones' "My Own Summer."

Getting really, really tired of the scrollwheel bug in Firefox. Maybe it'll be fixed in the next release or update, but if anyone knows a patch or something, for god's sake, tell me about it.

Spent a couple hours mowing, edging, and blowing my mom's front and back yards again yesterday. I rather enjoy it, to be honest, but I'm beginning to hate her lawn mower. There's just all kinds of stuff wrong with it that I can't fix, and as far as I can tell, the only way to change its oil is to actually hold it upside down to let it drain. Oh boy, I can't wait to get around to that.

Watched Reign of Fire on cable. Better than I expected, though I'm starting to wonder what the deal is with Christian Bale. I suppose taking oddly-spaced roles in B-movies about psychopaths and dragon-slayers is one way to get over that child-star stigma. But the guy can definitely act, so how about making some good movies instead?

Speaking of child actors, walking punchline Edward Furlong got arrested this week for walking into a Kentucky grocery store hammered and trying to "free" the lobsters from the tank in the seafood aisle. Way to go, Ed. That's just the sort of determination and creativity that will really get people behind the animal rights movement.

Finally got around to reading Diary and Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk. I read Choke and Survivor and half of Invisible Monsters years ago, and these two were no different. Dark, sparse, twisted, presumptive. Reminded me of Jim Goad's nonfiction. Or is it the other way around? Anyway, I'm looking forward to Haunted and I should really get around to reading Fight Club.

No comments: