Thursday, October 07, 2004

Redirection

I spent several hours Tuesday driving around midtown and the university area. I didn't find what I was looking for, but ultimately I suppose it worked out. I spent some time in SpinStreet looking for used DVDs, and instead I found Cake's new album, Pressure Chief, on sale for ten bucks. So I bought it. I don't think I like it nearly as much as Prolonging the Magic or Motorcade of Generosity, but it is excellent driving-aimlessly-around music. I spent a good part of the afternoon driving through all my old neighborhoods, with the windows down and the moonroof open, and it made for a pretty goddamn pleasant atmosphere. So I highly recommend it for that sort of usage.

Nothing else good has happened recently, other than figuring out how to get into the Half-Life pak file to alter all the weapons to make them slightly more powerful and to make Barney slightly less useless. I see that the Grizzlies are looking to carry 60 regular season games on their very own TV channel. Isn't that nice? I especially like the part where they want a deal with Time Warner, a known outpost of Satan on earth. What pisses me off is that they seem only marginally interested in pursuing a deal with DirecTV. As if DTV subscribers can simply get a separate hook-up to TW cable. I can't believe I've watched 240-something Griz games over three seasons only to be summarily cut out of the loop because the Grizzlies' ownership group isn't making enough money from television revenues. I am not going to drive to some fucking sports bar three or four times a week to watch my fucking hometown team play. Now I know how all those Catalonian fans feel.

No comments: