Sunday, February 20, 2005

More Old New Hardware

So I went to Rite-Aid this morning to by paper towels and light bulbs and dog food (of course) and that sort of shit, and I picked up a rather crappy five-button "4D Internet Wheel Scroll Mouse," made by something called Sakar International under the brand "iConcepts." The two thumb buttons are positioned so far forward that they're almost useless. The hastily-written software came on a floppy disk and the mouse isn't even optical. So why did I buy it? Because it was three dollars, that's why. Cheaper than the light bulbs. I really don't know why, but I have three or four ball-mice now and not one optical mouse. I think it was worth buying this one just to not have to clean out one of the others again.

The NBA All-Star Game is on right now, and I'm not even watching it. Look, I'm a huge NBA fan, but the Skills Challenge last night was horrible. All-Star weekend just keeps getting worse every year, as it gets more and more commercialized, and as the league tightens its grip upon the whole thing to push its more marketable teams and brands. Let's just get back to basketball already.

Oh, and one more thing. PimpZilla, bitches.

No comments: