Monday, December 17, 2007

Somewhat off.

Blah.
by AC - permalink

Feeling curiously tired and discombobulated (long word of the day), especially considering I slept all day. Well, it wasn't really "sleep" so much as a long series of continuously interrupted naps. And I didn't even go to bed until 7:30am, so maybe it's not so curious. This is so fucking boring, okay moving on.

The Li'l Film Fest went down Saturday and it was a hell of a thing. Giant, huge rush hearing people laugh at my short when it came up, especially as it followed Oddly Bouyant's faux-commercial starring Markus Seaberry, which was hysterical. The film turned out great -- not perfect, but funny and I think my idea came across well. If not, who fucking cares, people laughed!

Somehow I ended up sitting three seats down from Craig Brewer. I didn't really talk to him, but that probably wouldn't have turned out well anyway. I have a very strong suspicion that I would have blurted out something like, "Yeah, I'm glad you thought it was funny. Ah, you know, listen you should know that I've seen 15 minutes of a bootleg of Hustle & Flow, but otherwise I really don't know anything about you at all... I hear you do films." Not awkward at all.

Anyway it was also a pretty bittersweet night. Morgan Fox announced that after February the MeDiA Co-op will no longer be able to use its current space at the 1st Congo on Cooper. Then Sarah Fleming said that she and Chris Reyes are just flat out of the time it takes to keep the Li'l Film Fest afloat, and that Live From Memphis will not be producing it anymore. Fortunately there is definitely some hope on the horizon on that end; way, way too early to say anything about that just yet, but I do hope to be involved one way or another.

Oh, I have two of my final grades, in my two toughest classes, although "tough" is relative compared to those other "courses." Anyway 95 and 99 is a hell of a start for me. I never, ever expected to do this well. I mean that was the plan, but jebus, when did I get all book-smart? Where was this a goddamn decade ago? If I can't keep this going in the Spring, I'll be... well, not too shocked, but not very happy about it either.

No comments: