Monday, December 03, 2007

Well, that was interesting.

We now returned to our regularly scheduled drudgery.
by AC - permalink

After a hectic, exhausting, and fast weekend, my short film is done. Not by choice, there are still several things I'd like to tweak, but there's just no time. It should be turned in tomorrow morning (God I hope it is) and it's just out of my hands now. From script to completion in 48 hours. Hell of a timetable for an utter n00b. I started setting up at 9:30am Saturday, we started filming around 11:30, and we were wrapped by 4:30. Byerly and I got the editing and post done tonight in around four hours. All that's left to do is show up for the fest on the 15th.

So now it's back to schoolwork, and for the first time since I've been back I'm way, way behind now. I may well end up missing my class tomorrow afternoon so I can focus on the huge amount of PERL and HTML I haven't gotten done yet for Tuesday and the paper I'm supposed to have been writing for my regional geo course. All we're doing tomorrow is introing PowerPoint, so I might actually go in and just sit there writing code. The instructor knows pretty clearly that I'm probably more qualified to teach this course than she is, and she lets me do whatever I want in class. Never thought I'd say something like that.

Last night the Griz beat the holy hell out of the Wolves, so naturally it wasn't televised. This is becoming a recurring theme and it's really damn annoying. Still, they've won three of four, and Darko's back in the lineup. The best news about this game is that it was a game they really were expected to win -- which can be dangerous for a young team -- and not only did they take it seriously, they ratcheted up their level of play quarter after quarter until they finally sent in the subs with nearly a 40-point lead in the fourth. They've put a shellacking on a few lesser teams this year, and coupled with very close losses to powerhouses like San Antonio, Dallas, and New Orleans, and a victory over Houston, I think they're still deceptive at 6-10. This season should hit a noticeable upswing by the new year.

No comments: