Friday, April 01, 2005

April Idiots

I'd forgotten how much I hate the internet on the first of April. Slashdot was completely useless today, spammed to hell with fake stories. Stories so stupid one look at the RSS feed was enough to keep me away. All day long, the only bearable prank story came, not surprisingly, from a comment posted at Asa's mozillaZine blog. Somewhat more surprisingly, it comes from NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day. Finally, conclusive evidence of water on Mars.

Anyway. The Mozilla Application Suite will officially remain at 1.7.6 and receive only security updates from now on. But the project will apparently continue, under a new name to be announced in the future, and not supported by Mofo. I still don't understand why anyone would want to continue to develop what is essentially a better version of Netscape 6, but then again, I don't understand why Ashlee Simpson is famous, and she's got a multi-million-dollar home and her own TV show.

No comments: