Thursday, July 14, 2005

T-Bird Times Two

Two new Thunderbird builds were released today. Thunderbird 1.0.5 is the latest official build. If you're wondering why T-Bird jumped directly from version 1.0.1 to 1.0.5, mozillaZine has the answer. There are no new GUI updates, but lots and lots of security fixes.

Also, release candidates for the second Thunderbird 1.1 alpha are now available to testers. If you want to test it, feel free. But I wouldn't recommend it unless you really know what you're doing. I didn't test the first alpha, so obviously I'm passing on an RC for the second.

I've been playing around with MenuX, a Firefox extension that gives you a bunch of new toolbar buttons with functions ranging from totally pointless (duplicate window controls, a second downloads button) to extremely useful (view source in tab, extension/theme manager buttons). I particularly like toggling off extraneous toolbars, including the menubar. This brings my total extension count to nine, ten if you count Delicious Delicacies.

The Probe dumped oil all over the driveway this afternoon. A mechanic friend of a neighbor discovered that the fuel pressure sensor was slowly disintegrating and letting out oil under high pressure, which explains why the pressure gauge on the dash never showed a problem even though it's likely been leaking for days. So I went and got a new sensor and new synth oil and a filter and it's good as new. Until the next part wears out. The Probe is now seven-and-a-half years old, about the time when modern cars just start to wear out.

Oh, and I've picked a new blog template again, obviously. I think this is the seventh or eighth one I've gone through in eleven months. I just get bored quickly.

No comments: