Wednesday, September 21, 2005

AdBlock for Firefox is back.

Or at least, I've found a build that works.
by AC - permalink


Finally stumbled across an old build of Adblock (0.5.2 build 050) that seems to work in Firefox 1.5 beta 1. You can find the download in this old post (July 29th). The AdBlock at UMO won't install properly in 1.5b1, and AdBlock Plus hasn't been updated since the first of August, so I guess this is what we'll be using for now. Unless, of course, you're using Firefox 1.0.7 and not testing the new branch. In that case, um, nevermind.

This brings my working extension list in 1.5b1 back up to eleven, with four not yet updated (I've added several since my extension round-up a few weeks ago). I'm not sure what the second 1.5 beta's numerical designation will be, and whether all these extensions will have to up their max version tags again (1.5b1 is designated "1.4"). I wouldn't think so. But they will have to be updated for the final 1.5 release. Hopefully, though, the new versions will all be added to UMO, so that Firefox's built-in update tool, which will be significantly more robust than that in the current branch, will automatically catch and update them all.

I've been using this new Windowblinds theme called Iyin Vista obsessively since it was posted last week. It's built on the theme that, so far, most accurately emulates Windows Vista, only the Iyin version hs figured out how to cheat the transparent window borders. It's not a perfect effect, and it's not the most polished theme, but I love how it looks.

No comments: