Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Cheap Greatest Hits and In Event of An Emergency

No big deals in my shopping this weekend, but I did pick up a few of the new PS2 Greatest Hits games, which Circuit City has on sale this week 2 for $30. I picked up Sly 2: Band of Thieves, Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Jak 3, and Hot Shots Golf: Fore! Fortunately, I found them all in their original packaging, and not the ugly, red bar Greatest Hits packaging. I have to go back to work tomorrow after my nice long vacation, but that's all right. I had a nice rest, and I'm ready to get back to it.

To me, the scariest thing about what happened in New Orleans is the attempt by the federal government to shift the blame for the tragedy on the local authorities in New Orleans and Louisiana, and the realization that we can't rely on the federal government to help us out in the case of disaster. It's probably not well known outside of here, but here in Memphis we're sitting near the New Madrid fault line, which is, as any geologist would tell you, overdue for a major, 8.0 plus earthquake in the next several years. If that were to happen here, I hope the city of Memphis and Shelby County is prepared to handle all disaster relief and recovery efforts alone, because based on what we've seen in the last several days from FEMA, we can't rely on anyone else for help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AC said...

Our first comment spam. That kinda sucks.