Saturday, August 13, 2005

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

I'm Garrett, and I'll be your co-blogger this afternoon.

My old blog, Gaming is Life, basically sat for several months while I did nothing with it, so AC was nice enough to invite me onto his. I don't know exactly what I'll be writing about, but it'll mostly be about gaming, with occasional stuff on movies. I'll leave all the OSS stuff to AC... that's his area of expertise. I might write about some movie stuff, too. I really don't know where all of this will lead, but it'll be really interesting to find out.

So I'll start things off by talking about one of my obsessions lately. Beats of Rage is a game created as a tribute to Sega's classic Streets of Rage series for the Sega Genesis. BOR is available for may different platforms, including PC, Dreamcast, and Xbox, and it really brings back the feel of Streets of Rage 2, probably the best of the series. This would be great just in and of itself, but the developers, Senile Team, have developed the game so that modding would be possible. This has led to many, many different BOR mods, with beat-em up games inspired by Street Fighter, Final Fight, Mega Man, Mortal Kombat, and many other games. Some are better than others, but most of them are pretty entertaining.

Anyway, I'll post more later, and see where all this leads....

No comments: