Friday, August 19, 2005

Happy Birthday to 100hc

Believe it or not, today marks the first anniversary of AC's first post on 100hc. What started as an idle hobby has turned into a full-fledged blog, complete with a second contributer (me) and an actual focus on certain topics. It also represented an opportunity to reconnect with AC after being out of touch for a while. So that was pretty nice.

Since this blog was pretty much founded on Harry Potter, I have to disclose that I'm a huge HP fan myself. I work for a major mall-based book chain (guess which) and I've been present for the releases of the last three books. I devoured the latest book, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, in about 10 hours, and now I really can't wait for the next book.

So. Anyway. In gaming news, Microsoft announced the pricing structure for the Xbox 360. My first reaction is that the only reason they're selling the $299 package (no hard drive, wired controller) is to that they can say they are launching at $299. Only a complete moron would buy it in favor of the $399 package (hard drive, wireless controller and headset, remote control) since the added value over the cheaper package is over $200.

Given these prices, along with the prospect of $60 games, it's looking more and more like I'm sitting the 360's launch out for now, and will probably take the next-gen plunge late next year. I've got too damn many Xbox, Ps2, and Cube games to play until then.

1 comment:

AC said...

But the 360 should be "largely" backwards compatible, right?