Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Site Update

I just added a search form to this blog's sidebar (index only). I wanted an easy way to search through all the previous posts. Unfortunately, it isn't working. I think it's because we haven't been added to the Google index yet. I did hack it just the slightest bit, but only in appearance and layout. The web search works, anyway. If I still can't search this blog with it in a couple weeks, I'll just take it back off.

Update, 9:40 PM: Well, Google may not have us indexed, but Yahoo does. So the question is, how do I add a Yahoo search form to the template? I can remember being able to add a Yahoo web search form to any site way back when Yahoo was just an upstart directory listing, but if they still offer this (and the ability to wild-card it within a particular domain), I can't find any mention of it at Yahoo Help. Any ideas?

No comments: