Thursday, August 11, 2005

Best Blog Ever

100hc takes another step towards being the bestest blog in the civilized world this week as we've added Garrett to the staff. I noticed he hadn't done much with his own blog in a while, so I asked him to start putting up the occasional post here. He didn't want to do it, so I'm afraid I had to steal his cat lock it up in the garage with my rottweiler until he changed his mind. He didn't have to though, the cat's fine. Stupid cowardly rottweiler. Anyway, I don't care what Garrett writes about, because its gotta be better than what I've been doing. Seriously, I got nothing.

The Mozilla Store has been relaunched with a better interface and a few new items, with more coming soon. The Firefox and Thunderbird guidebooks have been combined, and you can order one with Fx and Tbird on CD-ROMs for $14. Nice gift for any friends or relatives that are still in the habit of clicking on any big blue E's they happen to see.

OhmyNews International (what?) has posted a pretty decent interview with Blake Ross. At one point Blake mentions that Firefox has been downloaded "nearly forty million times," so they've apparently been sitting on this for a while before publishing it, because Fx has been downloaded nearly eighty million times. I know this because my super nifty Firefox Download Counter Konfabulator widget tells me so. I've been playing around with Konfabulator lately, and I do like it better than ObjectDock, but it still isn't all that useful, at least for me. Except for the Battleship widget, of course. It's freakin' Battleship, man. How awesome is that?

Netscape Browser 8.0.3.3 has been released, in case anyone's interested. This is a security update incorporating fixes from "Mozilla 1.0.7," according to its FileForum entry. God only know what that means. Mozilla Suite is on 1.7.10, and 1.0.6 is the latest stable Fx build. If doesn't matter anyway. There's no reason for anyone to use Netscape Browser for anything ever.

No comments: