Friday, March 18, 2005

Firefox Wallpaper

I finally posted an original Firefox wallpaper on deviantART today. You can find it alongside my four (so far) Memphis Grizzlies wallpapers under my profile. I made it from scratch for my own use, but I liked it so much I adapted it for 1280x1024 and posted it. Look for more Firefox and Mozilla wallpapers soon.

Installed the latest Opera beta (Opera 8 beta 3), and aside from the usual adjustment phase, I like it. The interface is significantly different from a Gecko or Internet Explorer-based browser, and can be confusing for a few minutes. But soon enough it's humming along nicely. But again, unless you're willing to spend $39 to register and get rid of the ad banners, just go with Firefox or Avant Browser.

I borrowed my neighbors' rental of Collateral, and I love it. Just a fantastic, riveting movie. Very reminiscent of the first time I saw Heat, Michael Mann's most comparable film, in that I immediately thought, "I have to watch this again." At first it was the novelty of Tom Cruise as the bad guy, but you forget about that very quickly because his performance is just so convincing. Definitely my recommended rental of the year, edging out Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Of course, I haven't gotten my hands on The Incredibles yet...

No comments: