Wednesday, March 30, 2005

T-Bird Developer and Will Ferrell

Asa has posted another Q&A with a Mozilla developer; this time it's Scott MacGregor, the lead programmer for Thunderbird, the best email client since VAX Mail. It isn't especially compelling, but read it anyway. Bitches.

Meanwhile, I've been watching Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy over and over. At one point, PowerDVD flaked out on me and stopped working. I thought it was trying to tell me to watch another fucking movie, but it turns out I just had to turn off hardware acceleration. That's OK, though. I've gone through all the extra features and heard the director's commentary (if you wanna call it that). I'm ready to move on to obsessing about another movie, like Team America: World Police, if it would ever be released on fucking DVD. I refuse to keep track of this online, but I assume the delay has to do with Parker and Stone having to rush to produce new South Park's. Tonight's new episode was about the Sony PSP and Terri Schiavo, so SP is clearly what they've been concentrating on lately. Oh well. We can wait.

Oh, and my neighbors' PC had a separate partition for system restores, and running one didn't fix it. On boot, there's an error in post that says the "Atapi IDE CD-ROM device driver" is missing. I have no idea what that driver's filename is, or where the hell I can find it, or how I can load it without a CD-ROM drive. So I guess that box is screwed, because I can't format the HD and reinstall Win98 SE: it's a Compaq. When you live in Frayser, it's important that your neighbors like you, but I just don't see how I can get this to work.

No comments: