Monday, March 28, 2005

Pixar and More Camino

I've seen The Incredibles four times now, and it just doesn't get old. I'm definitely enjoying it more from my computer than from the 32-inch TV; this movie was mastered for high-res from the source material, and you can only take advantage of it with a computer monitor or a high-def TV. As for other DVD's, all I really want right now is Shaun of the Dead, which I haven't found used yet, and Team America: World Police. We're all still waiting for that release.

Josh Aas (Boom Swagger Boom) has an interesting post on the speed advantage of Camino over Firefox. So I guess there is a reason to use Camino if you have a Mac.

I've got my neighbors' old Compaq sitting next to me right now. I've been trying to install their new CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo drive for them, but this POS won't take it. Haven't figured out why yet, but I'll get there. I'm starting to suspect that the motherboard's IDE controller is fucked. It's a used PC, circa 2000, and has never had a Windows reinstall, but it's a Compaq and it probably will only take a system restore, not a clean Win98 SE installation, so I'm hesitant to format it. I guess I'd be more into this if they were paying me.

No comments: