Thursday, March 31, 2005

I Hate My Modem

I am so tired of my modem crapping out on me and having to reboot to get back online. My favorite part is when Windows asks me to send an error report about it. Every time. Yes, let's connect to the internet to send a report about how my modem has stopped working. That's fucking brilliant.

Anyway, read this article at InformationWeek. They have the numbers to back up what we all knew already: people who know what they're doing use Firefox.

A few days ago, PC news site Ars Technica reported that Firefox had become the No. 1 browser among its readers with 40% market share. Internet Explorer, which stood at 38% last September, has dropped to 30% today.

In addition, between 20% and 40% of visitors to most of the popular blogs are using a Mozilla-based browser, including 36% of the people viewing something called Boing Boing. I have no idea what Boing Boing is, I just know that I'm not clicking on any link to anything called "Boing Boing."

No comments: