Monday, March 07, 2005

Interstates and Insecurities

I drove down to Olive Branch today for something about a shower or my cousin, or, my grandparents were there... I don't really know, I wasn't paying attention. I just know all the women on my mom's side of the family went somewhere, while I and my cousin and uncle and granddad sat at the house to watch golf and NCAA basketball. But somehow I'm going to have to go to Greenville, MS, for my cousin's wedding in August. I don't even know where Greenville is, or if it's a real place, I just know I have to buy a fucking suit or something, and I hope to God I'm not going to be involved in the whole wedding process. I was an usher at a Catholic wedding once, and it was hell.

Mike Connor raises some disturbing red flags on future Firefox development in a blog post yesterday. Seems he's not at all confident in the current state of Mozilla Foundation's Firefox hacker check-ins, and thinks 1.5 could be pushed back to next year. This is the first serious whiff of internal dissent we've had from MoFo (though Mike is not on MoFo's payroll). We don't know if this a real sign of future issues. I expect either Mitchell Baker or Blake Ross to respond shortly.

As an outside observer, Mike has been a significant contributor to the success of Firefox, and I hope his self-imposed boycott of Firefox hacker check-ins is short-lived. If there's one thing Mozilla doesn't need now that Microsoft has realized the threat they pose, it's affiliated programmers or hackers jumping ship for political reasons.

No comments: